Wednesday, January 13, 2010

7.0 in Haiti

I gotta vent...

Poorest country in the western hemisphere. About 9.1 million people in the country. 4, I repeat 4 hurricanes in 2008 (in 3 weeks). Cardboard boxes basically is what people in the Port-au-Prince live in, all the houses are not reinforced with some sort of structual piece, i.e. rebar, beams, etc. Im just listing shit on my mind. I got cousins, aunt, grandmother out there. Only heard from my aunt. Grandma was in Carrefour which took a BEATING. The palace collapsed. Everything is fucked up. No electricity, communication, NOTHING. I dont fucking cry, not cuz im a tough guy or anything, I just dont. 1st video I saw of what the fuck was really going down made me break down. Such a densely populated area taking a blow like this. Help would be a MAJOR MAJOR understatement of what is needed in Haiti. Sad.

1 comment:

  1. My prayers go out to you and your family P. =/

    _jos_

    ReplyDelete