Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dat Dude Of The Week...(Week of January 18th)

Yet another week over here at AppleBeans meaning yet another shout out to whomever we choose. Here at AppleBeans we do not discriminate so this award can go to anyone dead, alive, black, white, human or alien.....So this week I have to give the award to someone that has had a great impact in life and in death. His birthday was last Friday and he was honored this past Monday. Yeah that's right Dat Dude Of The Week for the week of January 18 goes to none other than the great Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. He sacrificed for equality and although everything is not ideal in this world big steps have been taken and we are 10 million times better than let's say 40-45 years ago. I couldn't imagine growing up and having to experience what my grandmother and mother had to go through in terms of equal rights. I'm fortunate to have grown up in this generation and I can only thank Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Your fight has not gone unacknowledged for one day. You will always live on. Thank you so much.








I Have A Dream,
Dr. Martin Drizzy King Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment